Editing Role Permissions
A list of all roles present in your RingCentral® is automatically populated in this section for easy role access enablement and permissioning. You may grant read-only (RO) or read-write (RW) access to each individual section of this application and to any given role in your RingCentral account.
Enable App Access for a Role
To enable access to IVR Orchestrator for non-super admin roles, you must engage the first switch, App Access for the role you wish to give access.
- Find the Role you want to give app access to.
- Engage the App Access switch to enable and allow users of that role type to login to app.
- When App Access is enabled the first time, the role will default to RO or read-only access by default.
Pease note that the built-in RingCentral super admin role is hardcoded with permanent RW access to avoid the potential of accidentally getting locked out. A user with a super admin role on the RingCentral account must perform the initial role-enablement for other users of this application.
RO or Read-only Access
By default, when you engage the App Access switch, the role will be given RO, or read-only permissions for each section by default. This will allow the users of that role type to login and see the data, but are unable to edit it.
- RO is read-only access or view mode. The users of the role type cannot make any edits if RO is enabled for that section of the app.
RW or Read-write Access
If you wish to give users of a given role edit permissons, simply flip the associated permission switch to RW, or read-write for that section of the app.
To deliver full app access for a role type, change all switches to the RW option. This role type will now have full application access and can edit any section of the app.
- RW is read-write or edit mode. Users of that role type can change settings in that section of the app.